• Ascend Advisory Group

COVID-19 Update & How We're Supporting You


On March 16th, we sent out a communication to reassure you that we have business continuity plans in place and that there will be no impact to our level of service. Thankfully, this remains the case. As we (along with many others) have put in place considerable social distancing measures to help keep our employees and their communities safe, our previous investment in IT infrastructure and the close relationships amongst our team have ensured that every part of our operation remains fully functional.


Currently, we have about 75% of our team working remotely while the other 25%, several partners and staff continue to work at the office. As a backstop to ensure we remain fully operational, we also have the option to return to the office in full. As a financial company, we have an exception to the Shelter-In-Place order (similar to banks). While we do not anticipate moving back towards business-as-usual at the very least until the Ohio Governor’s Shelter-In-Place order has been lifted, should the need arise, we have the ability to do so.


Focus on Risk Management

While there are areas of the market that we believe are mispriced following deep sell-offs in every single asset class, risk management is our main consideration in each action taken.


As we (along with medical experts, which we are not) have no reliable way of predicting the duration or the extent of this medical crisis (never mind the resulting impact on the economy), we are taking the approach of utmost caution in investment and allocation decisions.


When we make a purchase decision, it is only in assets which we believe are mispriced and well placed to survive even if a worst case scenario were to be realized. We are also analyzing your liquidity needs to help ensure that your near-term cash needs are met – this helps ensure that equity holdings can be held long-term. While it is impossible to know the full extent of what the impact will be on all of our lives, we remain committed and able to serve your needs.


Wells Fargo Advisors is not a tax or legal advisor. While this information is not intended to replace your discussions with your tax advisor, it may help you to comprehend the tax implications of your investments and plan efficiently going forward.

Wells Fargo Advisors is a trade name used by Wells Fargo Clearing Services, LLC and Wells Fargo Advisors Financial Network, LLC, Members SIPC, separate registered broker-dealers and nonbank affiliates of Wells Fargo & Company. © 2020 Wells Fargo Clearing Services, LLC. All rights reserved. CAR-0320-04765


© 2020 Ascend Advisory Group.

This information is intended for use only by residents of (AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI, WV). Please consult with each individual Financial Advisor listed on this site to understand what states they are licensed to transact business.

For parties residing outside of the U.S., this information is: (i) provided for informational purposes only, (ii) not and should not be construed in any manner as an offer to participate in any investment or to buy or sell any securities or related financial instruments, and (iii) not and should not be construed in any manner as a public offering of any financial services, securities or related financial instruments.  

Products and services listed may not be available, or may have restrictions, depending on client country of residence.

Investment and Insurance Products:

  • Not Insured by the FDIC or any Federal Government Agency

  • Not a Deposit or Other Obligation of, or Guaranteed by, the Bank or Any Bank Affiliate

  • Subject to Investment Risks, Including Possible Loss of the Principal Amount Invested
     

©2020 Wells Fargo Clearing Services, LLC. All rights reserved.

Investment products and services are offered through Wells Fargo Advisors Financial Network, LLC (WFAFN). Wells Fargo Advisors is the trade name used by Wells Fargo Clearing Services, LLC and WFAFN, Members SIPC, separate registered broker-dealers and non-bank affiliates of Wells Fargo & Company. Any other referenced entity is a separate entity from WFAFN.

A note about Social Media: Opinions, comments and actions taken on Social Media are those of the third party and do not necessarily reflect the views of the creator of this profile or of the firm.  Social Media is intended for U.S. residents only and subject to the following terms: wellsfargoadvisors.com/social.

 

FINRA’s BrokerCheck Obtain more information about our firm and its financial professionals